PREREQUISITES: Before carry out the procedure “SW UPDATE”, make sure you have accomplished all the following points:
1) Being already registered in the ROVER “SW UPDATE” area;
2) If you are already registered, run directly the “Login” typing your “Username or Email Address” and “Password”;
3) Download in the desktop of your PC, the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. interface program;
Please note that the S.M.A.R.T. interface program supports Windows operating systems only and cannot supports MAC operating systems.
4) Install the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. interface program in your PC (only the first time);
NB: If the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. interface program is already installed on your PC, check that is the LATEST and always delete the old one;
5) Select the exact model of your instrument and click “Click here”;
- Download on the desktop of your PC, the file Update SW.
- Before you upgrade the SW of your instrument, we recommend that you close all open applications on the PC: email, internet, management programs, etc;
- Also, verify that the meter battery is charged and that the instrument is plugged in and they do not turn off or unplug the instrument during the update.
NB: Although the graph of progress of the PC appears locked up, never interrupt the update process, the update is still progressing regularly.
- Connect the instrument to the mains and turn it on;
- Wait until the ignition phase (Start-Up) tool is completed;
- Connect the USB cable, before the instrument and then the PC;
- Start the ROVER S.M.A.R.T interface program on your PC;
- In the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. interface program window, click “Instrument” followed by “Upgrade Firmware”;
- In the Open window, select the file “Software Upgrade (.rvr)” already downloaded from the “SW UPDATE” area;
- Click “Open” and confirm the selection;
- The procedure for updating the SW will start automatically;
- Otherwise, it will open the Firmware Upgrade window, select in the window the exact model of your instrument, click “Upgrade” to start the update manually;
- In a few minutes, the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. program program will load the new SW in your meter;
- When the update is complete, the PC screen will appear: Power on the meter to activate FW **PROGRAM SUCCESFULL**;
- In the event that the instrument will not be switched off automatically, switch-off, switch-on and verity, in th start-up screen, if the version number of the SW has been updated.
- In the event that the update has been interrupted or fails, please check the USB cable connections and repeat the update again from the beginning. If the above procedure continues to fail, contact your ROVER dealer or write to email@example.com;
- In the event, the update is complete, the instruments should crash in “BOOT”, please review the following “F.A.Q.”.: “How do I unlock my instrument if the display shows the message BOOT ?“
- Click here if you want to acces at the videos section;
- Click here if you want to dovnload the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. user guide.