The “REA-20” is a High sensitivity & High performance EDFA (Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier), designed for CATV long-distance transmission and large HFC & FTTH distribution networks. A built-in 2, 4 or 8 way optical splitter can be supplied (opt.).
Several GAIN Control Modes can be selected:
- APC Automatic Power Control (for CATV)
- AGC Automatic Gain Control
- ACC Automatic Current Control
Input and Output Optical Power are continuously sampled and monitored with feedback and alarms, through the SNMP and WEB browser interface and front panel display.
There are several ways to set and verify Functions, Alarms and Data Logger:
- With WEB Browser through the LAN port.
- With SNMP through the LAN port.
- With Keys and LCD display, IP address Set & Alarm reading only.
- High stability and high gain up to 30 dB
- High output power up to 20 dBm
- Front panel security Key Lock for Laser
- Low noise 5 dB typ. at 0 dBm power input
- 1530 to 1565 nm high reliability Amplifier
- 980 nm high stability Laser Pump diode
- Selectable GAIN mode APC or AGC and ACC
- LCD Display and keys on the front panel
- Triple color LED for status indication and alarms
- Optical Input and Output power monitoring alarm
- Complete temperature, power, current, SBS, reflections monitoring alarms & Data Logger
- Front panel Led alarm when Laser Lock is switch OFF
- Built-in 2, 4 or 8 way optical splitter (optional)
- SC/APC shuttered optical connector
- USB A & B port for easy SW up-grades
- LAN port for settings and full SNMP management
- LAN port for settings and Web Browser operation
- Wired Remote Control via insulated contact (opt. Board)
- Redundancy Power Supply Unit, 1AC + 1DC or 2 AC (opt.)
- Very thin design, only 1 Unit 19” Rack