Caution: Before performing any upgrade of your tool, download and install in your PC the latest SW version of the program interface ROVER S.M.A.RT.
Please note that the interface S.M.A.R.T. program supports Windows operating systems only and cannot supports MAC operating systems.
Important: Get updated lists of World Wide Satellite Trasponder directly from the site “www.lyngsat.com“ to update or modify your plans of memory.
Through the program interface ROVER S.M.A.R.T., you can transfer PLANS MEMORY already stored in the instrument to the PC to be able to edit. MEMORY PLANS include:
Note: The factory prememorize LIST of SATELLITES can be changed, but you can not add new satellite orbit position.
CONNECTION between PC and instrument:
1) Connect the instrument to the PC using the USB data cable supplied;
2) Turn on the instrument;
3) Start the application ROVER-S.M.A.R.T.;
4) From the toolbar, click the “Instrument” and “Connect Instrument” (see note).
To TRANSFER MEMORY PLANS from instruments to the PC:
5) Click “Instrument” and click the “Instrument File Manager”;
6) Wait for the download of the plans of memory in the PC;
7) Yuo can see the window “INSTRUMENTS FILE MANAGER”;
8) In the “Find in” click the folder “Mem. Plan” to see the plans of memory;
9) Click TWICE on the MEMORY PLAN of memory that you want to change,
10) You can see the list of PROGRAMS/TRASPONDER contained in the selected memory plan.
A) To MODIFY PROGRAM/TRASPONDER already exists:
11) Click TWICE on the PROGRAM/TRASPONDER to edit;
12) Change the parameters (frequency, symbol rate, polarity and band, local oscillator, etc.);
13) When done, click “Yes” to confirm the changes.
B) To ADD a NEW PROGRAM/TRANSPONDER:
14) To add a new program/transponder, restart from step 10, click with the right mouse button on the program/transponder concerned;
15) Click “Add”,
16) Enter all the parameters related to the new program/transponder to add (frequency, symbol rate, polarity, band, local oscillator, etc.);
17) Click “Yes” to confirm the changes.
C) To DELETE a PROGRAM/TRASPONDER already exists:
18) To delete existing program/transponder, restart from step 10, click with the right mouse button / program transponder concerned;
19) Click the “Delete”;
20) Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion.
D) To CLEAR a FULL MEMORY PLAN in to the INSTRUMENT:
21) If you want to delete a full MEMORY PLAN restart from point 8 as follows;
22) Click ONCE on the PLAN of memory you want to erase;
23) From the windows “INSTRUMENTS FILE MANAGER” click “Delete”;
24) Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion;
25) The plan of the memory will be erased on the instrument.
E) To TRANSFER the modified MEMORY PLAN from the PC to the INSTRUMENT:
26) After the changes (change-addition-deletion of program/transponder), click on the “PC-Instrument” icone in the “MEM. PLAN properties:” (on the right side of the screen) to transfer the modified memory plan to the instrument;
27) The new plan will replace the previously.
Note: If the operation is successful, in the bar below the PC will be displayed connected instrument’s data: model, serial number, firmware version (FW) and port number (COM) connected.