PREREQUISITES: Before carry out the procedure “TV and SAT Memory plans update”, make sure you have accomplished all the following points:
1) Being already registered in the ROVER “SW UPDATE”;
2) If you are already registered, run directly the “Login” typing your “Username” and “Password”;
3) Download in the desktop of your PC, the program interface ROVER S.M.A.R.T.;
Please note that the interface S.M.A.R.T. program supports Windows operating systems only and cannot supports MAC operating systems.
4) Install the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. program interface in your PC (only the first time);
NB: If the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. program interface is already installed on your PC, check that is the LATEST and always delete the old one;
5) Select the exact model of your Instrument and click “Click here”;
- Download on the desktop of your PC, the file TV and SAT Memeory Plans.
TV and SAT Memory Plans UPDATE
- Before you upgrade the TV and SAT memeory plans of your instrument, we recommend that you close all open applications on the PC: email, internet, management programs, etc;
- Also, verify that the meter battery is charged and that the instrument is plugged in and they do not turn off or unplug the instrument during the update;
- If the operation of your instrument is correct, it is not necessary to update the SW, but you can only update the “TV and SAT Plans memory”. We remind you that the plans for TV and SAT are supported free for 3 years. Beyond 3 years, SAT & TV memory plans can be created by the costumer, directly via the instrument’s keyboard or via the PC with the interface program ROVER S.M.A.R.T manuals memory (MANUMEMORY) to up-date new satellite transponder missing or changed. On the website “www.lyngsat.com” are available updated lists of all transponders and satellites in the world. Refer to the user manuals instruction of your instrument, or visit our “F.A.Q.” for more details.
NB: Although the graph of progress of the PC appears locked up, never interrupt the update process, the update is still progressing regularly.
- Connect the instrument to the mains and switch-on it;
- Wait until the ignition phase (Start-Up) tool is completed;
- Connect the USB cable, before the instrument and then the PC;
- Start the interface ROVER S.M.A.R.T. on your PC;
- In the program window ROVER-S.M.A.R.T. click “Instrument” followed by “Connect Instrument”;
- Click “Tools”, then “Mem” and then “Open Mem”;
- In the Open window, select the “TV and SAT memory plan (.mem)” already downloaded from the “Update SW”;
- Click “Open” and confirm the selection;
- Click “Tools”, then “Mem” and then “Write Mem to Instruments”;
- Will appear the following message: WARNING: This operation will delete all the prevoius plans stored in the meter;
- Click “OK” and confirm to start the update;
- In a few minutes, the program ROVER S.M.A.R.T. will load the new TV and SAT memory plans in your meter;
- After loading the following message appears: Plan Memory download succesfully!
In the event that the update has been interrupted or fails, please check the USB cable connections and repeat the update again from the beginning. If the above procedure continues to fail, contact your ROVER dealer or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here if you want to acces at the videos section;
- Click here if you want to dovnload the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. user guide in pdf format.